Friday, April 10, 2009

Something, Maybe

I'm re-posting some of the older reviews that were lost when I made over my blog. And yes they are different, I've put more thought into them :]


Everyone thinks their parents are embarrassing, but Hannah knows she's got them all beat. Her dad made a fortune showing pretty girls--and his "party" lifestyle--all over the Internet, and her mom, who was once one of her dad's girlfriends, is now the star of her own website. After getting the wrong kind of attention for far too long, Hannah has learned how to stay out of sight...and that's how she likes it.
.
Of course, being unknown isn't helping her get noticed by gorgeous, confident Josh, who Hannah knows is her soul mate. Between trying to figure out a way to get him to notice her, dealing with her parents, and wondering why she can't stop thinking about another guy, Finn, Hannah feels like she's going crazy. She's determined to make things work out the way she wants....only what she wants may not be what she needs.
.
Elizabeth Scott has convinced me that she can't fail at anything. Seriously. I loved Bloom and Perfect You, and I'm getting ready to read her other books. Something, Maybe is just more proof, showing how great an author she is.
.
Like Bloom and Perfect You, Something, Maybe is just the perfect mix of romance, and family. Her writing and main character's thoughts are so realistic and so similar to those of real teens.
.
Hannah, the main character, has an absent father who decides only to be present when it's to his advantage, and a mother that doesn't seem like a mother at all. This is true in many house holds and I'm convinced that Elizabeth has captured this issue perfectly.
.
Other main topics in Hannah's life are Josh and Finn. Josh is the gorgeous heartthrob that Hannah, of course, has a crush on, and Finn is the other guy that seems to think they're meant for each other. I love both Finn and Josh's characters, but liked Finn more, because he was more straightforward and wasn't as confusing as Josh was at times.
.
The ending was perfect. I thought both subjects were brought to an end swiftly, yet steadily. And there were some things I weren't expecting to happen, like how Josh and Hannah's relationship ended, and the same with her father. But still, Hannah made many right decisions and that's was brought her story to an end.
.
I was completely satisfied with this, as I was with Scott's other novels. I'll definitely be looking out for Love You, Hate You, Miss You out in June.

Ratings:

Writing: 5/5
Story: 4/5
Characters: 3/5
Cover: 4/5

http://www.elizabethwrites.com/somethingmaybe.php

0 comments: