Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning.

In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must choose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day...


BLUE MOON is a wonderfully written sequel full of love, hate, anger, and sadness all-in-one. One of the best books I've read this year.

The hilariously entertaining characters are all back, with a new character on the loose. While Ever and Damen themselves and their friends add little sparks to each of the pages in which they are mentioned, this new character doesn't. He irks me, and his hidden agenda is not really surprising but very threatening.

Just like EVERMORE, BLUE MOON's pace is rather fast, and it just makes me love the books even more, because it keeps the suspense high and the urge to read further imminent.

The writing is probably one of the best things about book - the whole series - because it's so well done and crafted beautifully! Whenever I read this series, I always sort of just drift off into it's contents.

With immortal lovers, trustworthy friends, betraying furtune tellers, and freaky identical twins, what more could you ask for? BLUE MOON has me begging for SHADOWLAND! I can't wait for the next in the series.

Ratings:

Writing: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Cover: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

2 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

I want this one! I saw it at Borders yesterday, but had no money :(

Amelia said...

OMG! I LOVED Blue Moon. Just finished it yesterday. It ended on a cliffhanger, and then the preview did too. Ah! I cannot wait for Shadowland either.