Thursday, June 11, 2009

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

Schuyler Van Alen is starting to get more comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, but she still has many unanswered questions. A trip to Italy in search of her grandfather only serves to make things more confusing. What secrets are the leaders of The Committee hiding? Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball. In true Blue Blood fashion, the ball is totally fab, complete with masks-and hidden behind this masquerade is a revelation that will change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

MASQUERADE is a great sequel to BLUE BLOODS, and it really got me more interested in the series.

One thing I love about the Blue Bloods series is that they're well written, and nothing in the books seem to bore me. And I like how the whole book isn't just based on the Committee or the deaths of the Blue Bloods. I like how it's based on fashion as well, and I like reading about the photoshoots and go-sees that Bliss and Schuyler go to. But mostly, I like that the series is different.

Something that I didn't mention in the review of BLUE BLOODS was that I loved that the book was told from an omniscient point of view. If we weren't able to read each character's point of view, I think the story would be incomplete and we wouldn't know secrets that each character keeps. And I like knowing secrets.

Even though I do enjoy reading about every character, I have to say I'm most interested in Schuyler's story. And I'm forever contemplating who I like better for her. Her best friend, Oliver, who always takes care of her and always says the right thing, or Jack Force, who is bound to Mimi and forbidden. After reading the first book, I was all the way for Jack, but now I think I'm for Oliver, but that will probably change a couple of times.

A lot of important things happen in MASQUERADE, and you won't want to miss out on reading the juicy details. I can't wait to review REVELATIONS!

Ratings:

Writing: 4/5
Plot: 3/5
Characters: 3/5
Cover: 4/5 (I love the cover of this one! Masquerade masks are always interesting to look at.)

3 comments:

Lianne said...

This series is amazing, I can't wait to read the fourth book that's being realeased in October!

Kate said...

This sounds like a great series. I shall have to read it sometime! Excellent review :)

RagDollVampGirl said...

Awesome Review!!
I Love Vampires So I Definately Gotta Get My Fangs Into This Series!!

xoxo
RagDollVampGirl